Did God Hate Sodom and Gomorrah?
There are some who teach that God loves only His elect and hates the non-elect. Please comment.
The fact that some sinners are not elected to salvation is no proof that God’s attitude toward them is utterly devoid of sincere love. We know from Scripture that God is compassionate, kind, generous, and good even to the most stubborn sinners. Who can deny that these mercies flow out of God’s boundless love? Yet it is evident that they are showered even on unrepentant sinners.
I want to acknowledge, however, that explaining God’s love toward the reprobate is not as simple as most modern evangelicals want to make it. Clearly there is a sense in which the psalmist’s expression, “I hate the assembly of evildoers” (Ps. 26:5) is a reflection of the mind of God. “Do I not hate those who hate Thee, O Lord? And do I not loathe those who rise up against Thee? I hate them with the utmost hatred; they have become my enemies” (Ps. 139:21-22). Such hatred as the psalmist expressed is a virtue, and we have every reason to conclude that it is a hatred God Himself shares. After all, He did say, “I have hated Esau” (Mal. 1:3; Rom. 9:13). The context reveals God was speaking of a whole race of wicked people. So there is a true and real sense in which Scripture teaches that God hates the wicked…to continue, click HERE
Do you know a young person who is either planning on going to university or is currently in university? This article is very important for you to share. Click Lies College Students Hear Readable to download.
This is very well written article on our sufferings and what they mean and why they happen. We all ask the question, “Why God?” This article attempts to explain this seeming contradiction between suffering, pain and death and a good God. Is there something we’re missing? Is it us?
Click the link below to read the article.
SUFFERING FOR CHRIST
We just wanted to write quickly to ask you to be in prayer for us over the next few days (Thurs – Sat) as we’ll be doing a wheelchair distribution.
This is the first distribution out of the container that just arrived last month. With this container we are doing bigger distributions in fewer areas. This means that within a certain location hopefully all of the people who need a wheelchair will get one.
It will mean longer and fewer distributions for us. Since this one is the first of this sort there are a few unknowns!
We appreciate your prayers for:
- safety as we travel (on the crazy roads!)
- our health (especially that Adrienne will be well enough to participate)
- the recipients to make it to the distribution location (remember they aren’t mobile yet and they have to come some distance with help!)
- the recipients and the community at large to be open to the gospel – that they would understand that God made them, values them, loves them and has plans for them
- physical & emotional strength for the team (it is a lot of work to assemble the wheelchairs and we are confronted with SO many needs and needy people)
- the boys, our sons from Bethany, who will be on the team – that God will impact them
Thank you for standing with us.
Francis & Adrienne
The Father’s Heart Mobility Ministry | PO Box 26083 | Kampala | Uganda